Shift the Focus, Change the Perception.

| |

It’s not only about redirecting negative behavior buts also to reinforcing positive behavior.

Given a thought on above sentence that says so much about changing the negative thoughts and perceptions into positive healthy thoughts, that will show a direct impact on human behavior…Its a great step to take and experience on. Bad experiences are part of life as they give us a direction towards better understanding on life. I heard Mr. Mahesh Batt saying that “I will never share my failures with any one, nor I will regret on them as they are my treasures of life. They taught me the right way, so don’t want to give away my failure to any one.”  What a perception he got..! must say…very cerebral.

Now when we are talking about changing negative perception into positive in our self and others… there are few questions rise in my mind, like:

  • Can we really change others perception by changing the focus?
  • Can we change our own perception into positive way without changing the focus on negative incidences occurred in past?
  • If, someone’s external behavior is in positive way but internal perception still holds in negative manner, will this not affect the entire behavior of the person in negative manner?

There are many such questions popping up in mind as I think on deeper levels of perception and understanding personas of human.

For now lets focus on first question.

“Can we really change others perception by changing the focus?”

The answer will be “YES” based on my experiences. As an example I would like to share my own personal experience that I shared to Mr. Aalok Sood, Head of DC India and Arthur F Carmazzi, Founder of DC and top 9th Leadership Guru in the world, while training the 2nd batch of DC Trainers in India, as a case study on "Focus and RAS"

Few months ago I have introduces Fluffy [it’s a rabbit, whom I consider as my son. So, I don’t really like to address him as a Rabbit] when he was just two months baby. Knowing the fact that my people are pet lovers.

But, somehow my husband couldn’t connect to him. And felt annoyed with Fluffys presence…and this infuriated nature started bursting out everyday when Fluffy was around him. Even Fluffy sensed it and started behaving weirdly only with my husband. Initially I felt I must give them sometime to adjust and accept each other. But then, even after 4 months I don’t see any change except Fluffy growing big with his naughty stunts. There was a point when my husband started telling me to give away Fluffy to some one else.

Ignoring his words I started recollecting him about his loving nature towards pets, when he pampered Jiya, a pet dog in our family. His caring personality and his future plan of getting a Germen shepherd into family. There his Focus got shifted and started paying attention towards Fluffy. Then I educated my husband on fluffys behavior and how he loves to get pampered. As, Fluffy loves to get pampered a lot. Diverted his focus more on moves of Fluffy when he is hungry, how he is when he wants to play. By shifting the focus from irritation to caring, today I see it’s my husband who feeds fluffy more, cared about the cold weather and comforting Fluffy and to my wonder he started speaking to Fluffy like I do. Harish took an effort of repairing the basket in which Fluffy stays [that was bitten by fluffy to escape J].
I see a dramatic change in Fluff’s behavior as well as he is not troubling Harish by scratching him now days. The Focus and RAS of Fluffy is changing and Perpetuating to Harish focus. Incridible exchange of energies.

Shift the Focus change the Perception. As perception changes the world around us.

Explore- Experience- Evolve- Excel...!

Live Strong with Passion!!
Vahini R Muniganti

0 comments:

Post a Comment